Make Space Part of Your Business
ESA BIC Noordwijk is the place for entrepreneurs from research centres, universities, space and non-space business seeking to realise their innovative business ideas and transfer technologies from space to other areas of the economy.
Why should you participate?
- It’s the hub for commercialisation of space technology in Noordwijk
- Working in an innovative, high-tech entrepreneurial environment
- Close to ESA’s biggest R&D facility ESTEC
What you get:
- Incentive Funding up to 50.000 EURO for product development and IPR
- Business development loan of 50.000 EURO
- Technical Support up to 80 Hours through ESA
- Business development support and advice
- IP Consulting
- Financial Administration
- Business Support via workshops, trainings and coaches
- Exclusive access to international events
- Access to the international ESA BIC community
- Preferred access to office facilities, coaches, experts, suppliers and investment capital
Who can apply?
- You have an innovative idea based on space technology or data
- Your company is not older than five years or needs to be founded yet
- You are a European citizen
- Your company headquarters will be located at the offices of SBIC Noordwijk
What fields of application are possible?
- Satellite navigation / mobile services
- Earth observation
- Transportation (road – sea – air)
- Satellite communication
- Robotics / Mechatronics
The application process
Applying for ESA BIC is quite a process, so it is important that you begin on time. For a successful application, follow the steps described below.
Step 1: Contact Martijn Leinweber (click the APPLY button above) and come by for an introductory meeting
Step 2: Download & read the Permanent Open Call documents
Step 3: Complete the Business Application Proposal:
- Cover Letter (Section V)
- Incubation Proposal (Section VI)
- Business Plan (Section VII)
- related appendixes (as needed)
Questions about the Open Call? Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions